Class Action News
- Class Action Lawsuit Says Lumber Liquidators Sold Illegally Sourced Toxic Wood
- Volkswagen Escapes Jetta Lock Defect Class Action Lawsuit
- Kay Jewelers Faces Class Action Lawsuit from Blind Customers
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Mold Growth Class Action Lawsuit
- PVC Decking Companies Want Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
Drug Lawsuit News
- Parents Sue Pfizer Over Alleged Zoloft Birth Defects
- Ind. Couple Sue Stryker for Metal-on-Metal Hip Injuries
- Mentor Worldwide, Coloplast Hit with New Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Alleges NuvaRing Manufacturer Downplayed Risks, Endangered Consumers
- Fla. Man Files Pradaxa Lawsuit after Suffering Uncontrollable Bleeding
|Xerox Call Center Worker Overtime Class Action Lawsuit|
- Thursday, 26 April 2012 10:23
Xerox Call Center Worker Overtime Class Action Lawsuit
By Kimberly Mirando
The Xerox overtime class action lawsuit was filed by Tiffany Hall, who was hired by Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) in September 2011 as a Customer Care Assistant.
Hall claims in the class action lawsuit that ACS required her and other call center workers to perform unpaid work off-the-clock before and after their scheduled shifts. Hall says ACS failed to pay her for all hours she worked, including overtime hours, and failed to pay the wages owed to her when she was terminated earlier this month.
Hall is bringing the class action lawsuit on behalf of a proposed class of all current and former employees of Xerox Corporation; LiveBridge, Inc.; Affiliated Computer Services, Inc., and/or Affiliated Computer Services, LLC who have worked at any of the Defendants’ call centers in the State of Washington as Customer Care Assistants, Customer Care Reps, Customer Service Reps, Customer Service Associates, or in other similar positions between April 24, 2008 and the date of final disposition.
Hall is asking for compensatory and exemplary damages for four counts of failure to pay overtime, failure to pay wages owed at termination, willful refusal to pay wages, and violations of Washington’s Consumer Protection Act.
A copy of the Xerox Call Center Worker Unpaid Overtime Class Action Lawsuit can be read here.
The case is Tiffany Hill v. Xerox Corporation, et al., Case No. 11-cv-01959-RAJ, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington.
Updated April 26th, 2012
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Employment and Labor section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 December 2012 10:09