Class Action News
Drug Lawsuit News
Class Action Lawsuit and Settlement News
|Samsung TV Capacitor Class Action Settlement|
- Thursday, 23 February 2012 11:52
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest Class Action Settlement News!
Claim forms and more information on your rights in the Samsung TV Capacitor Defect Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement.
Samsung TV Capacitor Class Action Settlement
By Sarah Pierce
Samsung has reached a class action lawsuit settlement resolving allegations it sold defective televisions that cause a number of problems. If you purchased a Samsung LCD, Plasma or DLP television manufactured prior to December 31, 2008, you may be able to claim up to $650 under the Samsung TV class action settlement.
The Samsung TV settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit, entitled Russell, et al. v., Samsung Electronics America, Inc., that alleges Samsung manufactured and sold certain Samsung-branded televisions that contain a capacitor defect that cause the televisions to experience symptoms such as not turning on, experiencing a delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, or other similar problems (the “Covered TV Symptoms”).
Samsung denies the allegations in the class action lawsuit, but has agreed to settle the case to avoid ongoing litigation.
The television models covered under the Samsung TV capacitor settlement are:
Samsung LCD TV Serial Numbers: LN-T******/XAA; LN**A******XZA; LNS4041DX/XAA; LNS4051DX/XAA; LNS4052DX/XAA; LNS5296DX/XAA
Samsung Plasma TV Serial Numbers: HPT5034X/XAA; HPT5044X/XAA; HPT5054X/XAA; HPT5064X/XAA; PN42A410C1DXZA; PN42A450P1DXZA; PN50A410C1DXZA; PN50A450P1DXZA; PN50A460S4DXZA
Samsung DLP TV Serial Numbers: HLT5087SAX/XAA; HLT5087SX/XAA; HLT5089SAX/XAA; HLT5089SX/XAA; HLT5687SAX/XAA; HLT5687SX/XAA; HLT5689SAX/XAA; HLT5689SX/XAA; HLT6187SAX/XAA; HLT6187SX/XAA; HLT6189SAX/XAA; HLT6189SX/XAA
If you own one of these Samsung TVs and experienced one or more of the Covered TV Symptoms listed above, or if you experience a Covered TV Symptom within 18 months after March 2, 2012, you can claim one of the following benefits from the Samsung TV class action lawsuit settlement:
(1) A free service visit to determine if your TV has a problem covered by the class action settlement and, if it does, to fix the problem. You must call (888) 899-7602 within 18 months from March 2, 2012 to receive this settlement benefit. If your TV requires more than one repair for a capacitor issue covered by the class action settlement, you will receive an additional $50 payment.
(2) A refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to evaluate or diagnose the problem covered by the class action settlement (up to $150). You must submit proof that your TV has a Covered TV Symptom (such as a receipt, bill cancelled check or credit card charge, correspondence, verification from repair provider) before March 2, 2013 to receive this settlement benefit.
(3) A refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to fix the problem covered by the class action settlement (up to $150 to fix the capacitor issue or $300 if the repair included replacing a power supply board). You can also receive up to $150 to cover shipping expenses, including insurance costs, you incurred to fix the TV. You must submit a claim form and proof that your TV had a capacitor issue by March 2, 2013 to receive this settlement benefit.
(4) A $300 debit card if you reported to Samsung, prior to March 2, 2012, the problem covered by the class action settlement, but did not get it fixed, and you no longer possess your TV. You must submit a claim form and proof that you purchased a TV within 90 days of March 2, 2012 to get this settlement benefit.
In other words, a customer who repaired the set may receive up to $600 for diagnosis, repairs, and shipping, plus $50 if they need more repairs; while a customer who no longer has the set can still receive up to $450 for diagnosis and compensation.
Details on how to file a valid claim and ensure you receive your settlement benefits can be found in our Open Lawsuit Settlements section.
Updated February 23rd, 2012
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
LEGAL INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
©2008 - 2010 Top Class Actions® LLC
Various Trademarks held by their respective owners.
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 December 2012 10:09