Class Action News
- Class Action Lawsuit Says Lumber Liquidators Sold Illegally Sourced Toxic Wood
- Volkswagen Escapes Jetta Lock Defect Class Action Lawsuit
- Kay Jewelers Faces Class Action Lawsuit from Blind Customers
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Mold Growth Class Action Lawsuit
- PVC Decking Companies Want Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
Drug Lawsuit News
- Parents Sue Pfizer Over Alleged Zoloft Birth Defects
- Ind. Couple Sue Stryker for Metal-on-Metal Hip Injuries
- Mentor Worldwide, Coloplast Hit with New Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Alleges NuvaRing Manufacturer Downplayed Risks, Endangered Consumers
- Fla. Man Files Pradaxa Lawsuit after Suffering Uncontrollable Bleeding
|Carfax Vehicle History Report Class Action Settlement|
- Monday, 01 October 2012 09:44
Carfax Vehicle History Report Class Action Settlement
By Sarah Pierce
Carfax has reached a class action lawsuit settlement over claims it violated consumer protection laws. If you purchased a Carfax Vehicle History Report between 1998 and 2007, you may be able to receive a voucher or cash benefit from the Carfax class action settlement.
The Carfax settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit, entitled Davis, et al. v. Carfax, Inc., et al., that alleges Carfax and a related company violated consumer protection laws by not properly disclosing terms and conditions for, and limitations of, Carfax Vehicle History Reports.
Carfax denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to establish a class action lawsuit settlement to end the litigation.
Class Members of the Carfax class action settlement include customers in the following states who purchased a Carfax Vehicle History Report directly from Carfax:
* In Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, or Texas, at any time from October 1, 1998 through December 31, 2007
* In North Carolina, at any time from May 1, 2001 through December 31, 2007
* In California, at any time from February 17, 2002 through December 31, 2007
Carfax settlement Class Members who file a valid Claim Form can receive a Settlement Voucher good toward a free Carfax Vehicle History Report. Class Members have the option to convert the Settlement Voucher into $3 cash, which will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis and will be capped at $650,000 in total.
The only way to receive a Carfax Settlement Voucher or have the option to convert it into cash is to submit a Claim Form postmarked no later than February 21, 2013.
The Final Fairness Hearing is also scheduled for February 21, 2013.
Claim Forms and more information on your rights in the Carfax Vehicle History Report Class Action Settlement can be found at the Settlement Administrator’s website: www.DavisCarSettlement.com.
Updated October 1st, 2012
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 December 2012 10:09