Class Action News
- Class Action Lawsuit Says Lumber Liquidators Sold Illegally Sourced Toxic Wood
- Volkswagen Escapes Jetta Lock Defect Class Action Lawsuit
- Kay Jewelers Faces Class Action Lawsuit from Blind Customers
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Mold Growth Class Action Lawsuit
- PVC Decking Companies Want Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
Drug Lawsuit News
- Parents Sue Pfizer Over Alleged Zoloft Birth Defects
- Ind. Couple Sue Stryker for Metal-on-Metal Hip Injuries
- Mentor Worldwide, Coloplast Hit with New Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Alleges NuvaRing Manufacturer Downplayed Risks, Endangered Consumers
- Fla. Man Files Pradaxa Lawsuit after Suffering Uncontrollable Bleeding
|Flonase Class Action Settlement|
- Tuesday, 19 March 2013 05:00
Flonase Class Action Settlement
By Matt O'Donnell
GlaxoSmithKline has agreed to pay $35 million to settle a class action lawsuit accusing the company of blocking generic versions of Flonase from entering the market. A federal judge preliminarily approved the Flonase class action settlement in January, but the terms of the deal have remained under seal until now.
The Flonase settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit titled In re: Flonase Indirect Antitrust Litigation that claims GSK violated state laws by delaying the availability of generic versions of the nasal allergy spray. Plaintiffs alleged that GSK attempted to monopolize the market by filing sham citizen petitions with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to delay the entry of cheaper, generic versions of Flonase into the market. As a result, consumers were injured by paying more for Flonase nasal spray than they would have paid otherwise had less expensive, generic versions of Flonase been available.
GSK denies these claims and any wrongdoing, but has agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve the allegations.
Class Members of the Flonase settlement include all consumers who purchased Flonase or generic Flonase for personal, family or household consumption in the United States and its territories from May 18, 2004 through March 31, 2009. Class Members also include those who made co-payments or other partial out-of-pocket payments through their health plans.
Class Members that submit a valid Claim Form by the deadline of August 15, 2013 will receive a cash refund from the class action settlement. The amount of this payment will be based on how many people file valid claims, among other factors detailed in the Settlement Notice.
Claim Forms and more information on your rights in the Flonase Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.FlonaseSettlement.com. Detailed claim filing instructions can be found in our Open Class Action Lawsuits section.
Updated March 19th, 2013
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Monday, 17 June 2013 12:13