Class Action News
- Class Action Lawsuit Says Lumber Liquidators Sold Illegally Sourced Toxic Wood
- Volkswagen Escapes Jetta Lock Defect Class Action Lawsuit
- Kay Jewelers Faces Class Action Lawsuit from Blind Customers
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Mold Growth Class Action Lawsuit
- PVC Decking Companies Want Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
Drug Lawsuit News
- Parents Sue Pfizer Over Alleged Zoloft Birth Defects
- Ind. Couple Sue Stryker for Metal-on-Metal Hip Injuries
- Mentor Worldwide, Coloplast Hit with New Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Alleges NuvaRing Manufacturer Downplayed Risks, Endangered Consumers
- Fla. Man Files Pradaxa Lawsuit after Suffering Uncontrollable Bleeding
|Horizon Organic/Silk Milk Class Action Settlement|
- Friday, 10 May 2013 11:22
Horizon Organic/Silk Milk Class Action Settlement
By Kimberly Mirando
UPDATE: A federal judge has approved the Silk Soy Milk/Horizon Milk Class Action Lawsuit Settlement. See how to file a claim to receive a cash refund here.
The makers of Horizon Organic Milk and Silk Soy Milk products have reached a class a class action lawsuit settlement over claims they misrepresented the sugar content in their products. If you purchased Silk Soymilk, Silk Coconutmilk, or Horizon Organic milk, yogurt or Tuberz products between 2005 and 2013, you may be eligible to claim a cash award from the class action settlement.
The Horizon Milk and Silk Milk settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit (Singer v. WWF Operating Company) that alleges these products have been falsely or misleadingly labeled and/or marketed because they list “evaporated cane juice” in the ingredients. According to the class action lawsuit, evaporated cane juice is actually sugar (not juice) and therefore the products, including their ingredient lists, are mislabeled.
WWF denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve the litigation.
Class Members of the Silk/Horizon Organic Milk settlement include all persons who, from January 1, 2005 to April 19, 2013 purchased WWF products with evaporated cane juice for personal use.
These products include, but are not limited to:
- Horizon Organic Lowfat Chocolate Milk plus DHA Omega-3
- Horizon Strawberry Lemonade Squeeze Tuberz
- Horizon Surfin’ Strawberry Tuberz
- Horizon Sour Apple Spray Tuberz
- Horizon Blueberry Wave Tuberz
- Horizon Lowfat Strawberry Milk Box
- Horizon Lowfat Vanilla Milk Box
- Horizon Lowfat Chocolate Milk Box
- Silk Organic Original Soymilk
- Silk Organic Vanilla Soymilk
- Silk Pure Coconut Original Coconutmilk
- Silk Horizon Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
Under the class action settlement, Class Members with valid proof of purchase will receive reimbursement for 75% of the purchase price, subject to a cap of $50 per household. Those without proof of purchase can still receive a refund of 25% of the purchase price of up to 5 products, under penalty of perjury.
The only way to receive a cash award from the Horizon Organic/Silk Milk class action settlement is to submit a Claim Form online or postmarked on or before October 26, 2013.
A Fairness Hearing is scheduled for June 18, 2013. Claims will not be paid unless the settlement is approved and all objections have been resolved.
Claim Forms and more information on your rights in the Horizon Organic/Silk Milk Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.SingerECJSettlement.com.
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Thursday, 29 August 2013 12:01