Class Action News
- Class Action Lawsuit Says Lumber Liquidators Sold Illegally Sourced Toxic Wood
- Volkswagen Escapes Jetta Lock Defect Class Action Lawsuit
- Kay Jewelers Faces Class Action Lawsuit from Blind Customers
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Mold Growth Class Action Lawsuit
- PVC Decking Companies Want Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
Drug Lawsuit News
- Parents Sue Pfizer Over Alleged Zoloft Birth Defects
- Ind. Couple Sue Stryker for Metal-on-Metal Hip Injuries
- Mentor Worldwide, Coloplast Hit with New Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Alleges NuvaRing Manufacturer Downplayed Risks, Endangered Consumers
- Fla. Man Files Pradaxa Lawsuit after Suffering Uncontrollable Bleeding
|Class Action Settlements Closing Week of Sept. 9, 2013|
- Friday, 06 September 2013 04:00
Class Action Settlements Closing Week of Sept. 9, 2013
Two class action lawsuit settlements are closing the week of September 9, 2013. If you received a text message from Papa John’s or submitted an insurance claim for structural loss through American Bankers Insurance Co., you may be eligible to claim a cash award.
Here are the details on how to file a claim.
Papa John's Pizza Text Class Action Lawsuit Settlement (Claim Deadline: 9/10/13)
Papa John’s has agreed to pay $16.5 million to resolve allegations it sent more than 500,000 illegal text messages to Papa John’s customers advertising pizza specials. The text messages were illegal, plaintiffs say, because they were sent without the customers’ consent and with the use of an automatic dialing system in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Class Members of the Papa John’s text settlement include all persons in the United States who received at least one unsolicited text message that marketed a Papa John’s branded product, good or service through OnTime4U.
(Consumers who have received unsolicited text messages or cell phone calls from companies can sue these companies for TCPA damages. If you were contacted on your cell phone by a company without your permission, visit the Text Message Spam, Cell Phone Call TCPA Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Investigation for more information.)
The deadline to submit a claim is September 10, 2013.
Claim Forms and more information on your rights in the Papa John's Pizza Text Class Action Settlement can be found at www.OnTime4UPapaJohnsPizzaSettlement.com.
American Bankers Insurance Co. Class Action Lawsuit Settlement (Claim Deadline: 9/13/13)
American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC) has reached a class action lawsuit settlement with dwelling insurance policyholders who say the company did not properly pay out claims related to a Structural Loss. Eligible policyholders can receive a cash refund of 20% of the amount they paid to complete repairs.
Class Members include everyone who is, or was, insured under an ABIC dwelling insurance policy that provided coverage for any building or other structure located in the State of Arkansas who submitted a claim for a Structural Loss that:
- occurred from January 1, 2002 through December 31, 2010;
- was determined to be covered by an ABIC dwelling insurance policy; and
- resulted in a payment from ABIC from January 1, 2002 through April 15, 2013.
The deadline to submit a claim is September 13, 2013.
Claim Forms and more information on your rights in the American Bankers Insurance Co. Class Action Settlement can be found at www.SmithGCOPSettlement.com.
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Friday, 06 September 2013 04:00