Class Action News
Drug Lawsuit News
- Widow Sues Takeda Claiming Actos Caused Husband’s Bladder Cancer Death
- Miss. Woman Blames GranuFlo/NaturaLyte for Brother’s Death
- Januvia/Byetta Lawsuit Claims Drugs Cause Pancreatic Cancer
- Lawsuit Says Mirena IUD Perforated Woman's Uterus
- New Pradaxa Internal Bleeding Lawsuit Claims Drug Is Dangerous
|Class Action Settlement Gives Reimbursements and Free Repairs for Samsung DLP TVs|
- Tuesday, 22 June 2010 09:41
Class Action Settlement Gives Reimbursements and Free Repairs for Samsung DLP TVs
By Sarah Pierce
Earlier this month we told you about a class action settlement that offered repair reimbursements to Sony SXRD owners. Now a similar class action settlement is being offered to owners of Samsung DLP televisions.
The class action settlement resolves a complaint that some Samsung DLP televisions contain a defect in a component known as the Light Tunnel, which causes a darkened area to appear on their screens (the “Shadow Effect”). If you noticed this Shadow Effect and purchased or received as a gift one of the following Samsung DLP television models, you could receive a refund or warranty extension under the class action settlement.
Products covered under the Samsung DLP class action settlement are:
HL-P series (all models)
HL-R series (all models)
HL-S series (all models)
HL-T series (models 4675SX/XAA, 5055S, 5055WX/XAA, 5075SX/XAA, 5675SX/XAA, 5076SX/XAA, 5676SX/XAA, 6156S, 6156WX/XAA, 6176SX/XAA, 6756WX/XAA, and 7288WX/XAA)
The Samsung DLP class action settlement offers the following benefits:
(1) Warranty Extension -- Samsung will extend its manufacturer’s limited warranty to repair the Shadow Effect on your television with in-home service. If you own an HL-R, HL-S or HL-T series television listed above, the warranty extension will apply until October 22, 2011. If you own an HL-P series television, the warranty extension will apply until April 22, 2011. You do not need to do anything to get this warranty extension.
(2) Warranty Repair or Exchange -- Samsung will maintain a dedicated webpage at www.samsung.com/dlptvsettlement and a toll-free number at 1-888-899-7602 for you to obtain a telephone diagnosis and, if necessary, warranty repair of your television. If Samsung is unable to repair your television within 15 days of the telephone diagnosis or has to repair it more than once, they will exchange your television for a refurbished DLP television of the same screen size and model or a similarly valued DLP, plasma or LCD television if no such refurbished DLP television is in stock. This benefit will be offered after the settlement becomes final and until the warranty extension is over.
(3) Reimbursement -- Samsung will reimburse you for any money you paid before April 23, 2010 to repair the Shadow Effect, including shipping costs to have your television shipped to an authorized service center. Valid proof of claims and documentation of repair expenses must be submitted within 180 days after the class action settlement becomes final. A fairness hearing is scheduled on August 4, 2010. Claim forms can be found at the end of the class action settlement notice or by calling 1-888-899-7602.
If you wish to exclude yourself from the class action settlement, you must submit a request for exclusion by July 19, 2010. For more information about this class action settlement, visit www.samsung.com/us/dlptvsettlement/faqs.
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 December 2012 10:09