Class Action News
- Judge Dismisses ‘Implausible’ Soymilk Mislabeling Class Action Lawsuit
- AOL Class Action Lawsuit Gets Tossed By Calif. Court
- Judge Approves Children’s Place Class Action Settlement
- EBay Seeks Dismissal of 'Buy it Now' Class Action Lawsuit
- LinkedIn Says Email Privacy Class Action Lawsuit is ‘Meritless’
Drug Lawsuit News
|Samsung TV Capacitor Class Action Lawsuit Settlement|
- Wednesday, 11 April 2012 12:25
We're sorry! This settlement is CLOSED!
Please join the Top Class Actions Newsletter
list so you don't miss out next time and head
over to the OPEN LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS section
to see what's available!
Click here to skip the legal notice and go straight to the Top Class Actions article on this class action lawsuit settlement.
No Legal Notice
Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Case(s): Ryan Russell, et al. v. Samsung Electronics America, Inc., et al., Case No. CJ-2011-7260, District Court of Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
Website of the Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Administrator (FILE YOUR CLAIM HERE): www.Samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement
Address to submit a claim form (REQUIRED):
Details: The Samsung TV settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit, entitled Russell, et al. v., Samsung Electronics America, Inc., that alleges Samsung manufactured and sold certain Samsung-branded televisions that contain a capacitor defect that cause the televisions to experience symptoms such as not turning on, experiencing a delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, or other similar problems (the “Covered TV Symptoms”).
Samsung denies the allegations in the class action lawsuit, but has agreed to settle the case to avoid ongoing litigation.
The television models covered under the Samsung TV capacitor settlement are:
Samsung LCD TV Serial Numbers: LN-T******/XAA; LN**A******XZA; LNS4041DX/XAA; LNS4051DX/XAA; LNS4052DX/XAA; LNS5296DX/XAA
Samsung Plasma TV Serial Numbers: HPT5034X/XAA; HPT5044X/XAA; HPT5054X/XAA; HPT5064X/XAA; PN42A410C1DXZA; PN42A450P1DXZA; PN50A410C1DXZA; PN50A450P1DXZA; PN50A460S4DXZA
Samsung DLP TV Serial Numbers: HLT5087SAX/XAA; HLT5087SX/XAA; HLT5089SAX/XAA; HLT5089SX/XAA; HLT5687SAX/XAA; HLT5687SX/XAA; HLT5689SAX/XAA; HLT5689SX/XAA; HLT6187SAX/XAA; HLT6187SX/XAA; HLT6189SAX/XAA; HLT6189SX/XAA
If you own one of these Samsung TVs and experienced one or more of the Covered TV Symptoms listed above, or if you experience a Covered TV Symptom within 18 months after March 2, 2012, you can claim one of the following benefits from the Samsung TV class action lawsuit settlement:
(1) A free service visit to determine if your TV has a problem covered by the class action settlement and, if it does, to fix the problem. You must call (888) 899-7602 within 18 months from March 2, 2012 to receive this settlement benefit. If your TV requires more than one repair for a capacitor issue covered by the class action settlement, you will receive an additional $50 payment.
(2) A refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to evaluate or diagnose the problem covered by the class action settlement (up to $150). You must submit proof that your TV has a Covered TV Symptom (such as a receipt, bill cancelled check or credit card charge, correspondence, verification from repair provider) before March 2, 2013 to receive this settlement benefit.
(3) A refund of expenses you incurred, prior to March 2, 2012, to fix the problem covered by the class action settlement (up to $150 to fix the capacitor issue or $300 if the repair included replacing a power supply board). You can also receive up to $150 to cover shipping expenses, including insurance costs, you incurred to fix the TV. You must submit a claim form and proof that your TV had a capacitor issue by March 2, 2013 to receive this settlement benefit.
(4) A $300 debit card if you reported to Samsung, prior to March 2, 2012, the problem covered by the class action settlement, but did not get it fixed, and you no longer possess your TV. You must submit a claim form and proof that you purchased a TV within 90 days of March 2, 2012 to get this settlement benefit.
In other words, a customer who repaired their Samsung TV may receive up to $600 for diagnosis, repairs, and shipping, plus $50 if they need more repairs; while a customer who no longer has the TV can still receive up to $450 for diagnosis and compensation.
Claim forms and more information on your rights in the Samsung TV Capacitor Defect Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement.
Manufactured Prior to: December 31, 2008
Claims must be postmarked by: 3/2/2013 for cash refunds or debit card claims. 9/2/2013 for a free service visit.
Settlement Administrator(s): Samsung
LEGAL INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
This site provides information about the law and class action lawsuit settlements designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. Legal information is NOT the same as legal advice - the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. You should consider all postings or writings at TopClassActions.com by staff or others as personal opinion only and NOT the advice of a lawyer. Top Class Actions Legal Statement
©2008 - 2012 Top Class Actions® LLC
Various Trademarks held by their respective owners.
Last Updated on Monday, 04 March 2013 16:23