Class Action News
- Kay Jewelers Faces Class Action Lawsuit from Blind Customers
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Mold Growth Class Action Lawsuit
- PVC Decking Companies Want Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
- Judge Chops Down Chipotle 'Naturally Raised' Meat Class Action Lawsuit
- Sierra Trading Post Can't Dodge Call Recording Class Action Lawsuit
Drug Lawsuit News
- Parents Sue Pfizer Over Alleged Zoloft Birth Defects
- Ind. Couple Sue Stryker for Metal-on-Metal Hip Injuries
- Mentor Worldwide, Coloplast Hit with New Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Alleges NuvaRing Manufacturer Downplayed Risks, Endangered Consumers
- Fla. Man Files Pradaxa Lawsuit after Suffering Uncontrollable Bleeding
|Sprint Telemarketing/Solicitation Call Class Action Lawsuit Settlement|
- Monday, 19 September 2011 12:34
We're sorry! This settlement is CLOSED!
No more submissions are allowed.
Please join the Top Class Actions Newsletter
list so you don't miss out next time and head
over to the OPEN LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS section
to see what's available!
Click here to skip the legal notice and go straight to the Top Class Actions article on this class action lawsuit settlement.
No Legal Notice
Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Case(s): Sandra L. Palmer v. Sprint Solutions, Inc., Case No. 09-cv-01211-JLR, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Website of the Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Administrator (FILE A CLAIM FORM HERE):www.PalmerSolicitationCallSettlement.com
Address to submit a claim form (REQUIRED):
Details: The proposed Sprint telemarketing settlement will settle a class action lawsuit, entitled Sandra L. Palmer v. Sprint Solutions, Inc., that alleges Sprint made commercial telephone solicitation calls (i.e., telemarketing calls) to residents of Washington State using an automatic dialing and announcing device. The Sprint class action lawsuit also claims that solicitation calls were made to residents in other states after they requested not to receive telemarketing calls from Sprint.
The Palmer v. Sprint class action lawsuit says the telemarketing calls violate the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Washington’s Automatic Dialing and Announcing Device statute, and Washington’s Consumer Protection Act. Sprint denies any wrongdoing, but has agreed to pay Class Members $5.5 million to resolve the litigation.
Class Members of the Sprint solicitation call class action settlement include current and former Sprint customers who, while a customer, at any time after July 23, 2005 through June 13, 2011:
(1) Lived in Washington State and received from Sprint directly or from its agents one or more commercial telephone solicitations that used an automatic dialing and announcing device; and/or
(2) Lived in Washington State and received from Sprint directly or from its agents one or more commercial telephone solicitations less than one year after advising Sprint or its agents that he or she did not wish to be called again by Sprint; and/or
(3) Lived in the United States and received from Sprint directly or from its agents one or more commercial telephone solicitations more than 30 days after advising Sprint or its agents that he or she did not wish to be called again by Sprint.
Class Members who submit a timely and valid claim form will receive a percentage share of the $5.5 million Sprint solicitation call settlement, based on the number of people who file claims. There’s no way to predict how much money Class Members will get until all claims are received, but each Class Member could receive the following:
- Category (1) Class Members could receive up to $500 per incident with a maximum of $2,000.
- Category (2) Class Members could receive up to $100 per incident with a maximum of $400.
- Category (3) Class Members could receive up to $500 per incident with a maximum of $2,000.
- Class Members who fall into all three categories could receive up to a maximum amount not to exceed $4,400.
In order to receive any money from the Sprint telemarketing call class action settlement, you must submit a claim form online or by mail postmarked by November 21, 2011.
Claim forms for the Sprint Solicitation Call Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be downloaded or submitted online at www.PalmerSolicitationCallSettlement.com.
Purchased or Leased From: July 23, 2005 through June 13, 2011
Claims must be postmarked by: 11/21/11
Settlement Administrator(s): Garden City Group, Inc.
LEGAL INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
This site provides information about the law and class action lawsuit settlements designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. Legal information is NOT the same as legal advice - the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. You should consider all postings or writings at TopClassActions.com by staff or others as personal opinion only and NOT the advice of a lawyer. Top Class Actions Legal Statement
©2008 - 2010 Top Class Actions® LLC
Various Trademarks held by their respective owners.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 April 2013 15:39