Top Drug Lawsuits
|Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles Class Action Lawsuit Settlement|
- Wednesday, 22 August 2012 03:00
We're sorry! This settlement is CLOSED!
Please join the Top Class Actions Newsletter
list so you don't miss out next time and head
over to the OPEN LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS section
to see what's available!
Click here to skip the legal notice and go straight to the Top Class Actions article on this class action lawsuit settlement.
No Legal Notice
Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Case(s):Alyson Herfert v. Crayola LLC, Case No. 11-cv-1301-JCC, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle.
Website of the Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Administrator (FILE YOUR CLAIM HERE): www.Crayola.com/2011bubblessettlement
Address to submit a claim form (REQUIRED):
Details: The Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit, entitled Alyson Herfert v. Crayola LLC, that alleges Crayola falsely advertised that the marks left behind by the colored bubbles would be “temporary and washable.” According to the Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles class action lawsuit, the labeling and advertising of the bubbles as “washable” simply isn't true, and the bubbles causing staining to personal property. Crayola denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to provide refunds and vouchers to consumers who purchased Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles in 2011, as well as pay for damages caused to clothing and property.
As a result of the Crayola bubble class action settlement, Crayola has discontinued production of 2011 Washable Colored Bubbles and introduced 2012 Colored Bubbles with revised formulas and relabeled packaging that does not describe the bubbles as “washable.”
The class action settlement does not include the reformulated 2012 Colored Bubbles currently in distribution.
Class Members of the 2011 Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles settlement include all U.S. consumers who purchased or acquired (including by gift) 2011 Washable Colored Bubbles, through the date of Final Settlement Approval. This includes the following products:
- individual bottles of bubble solution [SKU numbers: 03-7500, 03-7502, 03-7548, 03-7500-0-451, 03-7500-0-441, 03-7500-0-431, 03-7500-0-421, and 03-7500-0-411];
- the “Washable Colored Bubbles Bubble Launcher” [SKU number 03-7300];
- the “Washable Colored Bubbles Wand Set” [SKU number 03-7400];
- the “Washable Colored Bubbles” three-pack [SKU number 03-7503];
- and the “Washable Colored Bubbles Play Pack” [SKU numbers: 03-7601 and 03-7602].
All of these products were distributed at retail in 2011.
Under the terms of the proposed Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles class action settlement, Class Members will receive monetary or voucher benefits depending on the following conditions:
(1) Cash Compensation for Purchase Costs: Class Members with proof of purchase or a UPC will receive their choice of: (i) the cash value of the 2011 Washable Colored Bubbles product(s) (plus any shipping, handling and tax if applicable) in the form of a check; or (ii) Crayola vouchers for the value of the 2011 Washable Colored Bubbles product(s) purchased (plus shipping, handling and tax if applicable), plus $5.00 in vouchers. Compensation or vouchers will not be given to more than one person for the same product. Class Members with no proof of purchase may receive the value of the 2011 Washable Colored Bubbles product(s) purchased in the form of Crayola vouchers not to exceed $12.00.
(2) Cash Compensation for Out-of-Pocket Costs to Clean Stains: For out-of-pocket costs for cleaning supplies or services to remediate stains caused by 2011 Washable Colored Bubbles, Crayola will provide the cash value of such costs provided that: (i) the Class Member has a receipt or other reliable documentation for a 2011 Washable Colored Bubble product; (ii) the Class Member attests that the stain resulted from the 2011 Washable Colored Bubble product; and (iii) the Class Member provides a receipt or other reliable documentation showing out-of-pocket cost for the cleaning supplies or services.
(3) Cash Compensation for Property Damage: For out-of-pocket costs for cleaning supplies or services to remediate stains caused by 2011 Washable Colored Bubbles, Crayola will provide the cash value of such costs provided that: (i) the Class Member has a receipt or other reliable documentation for a 2011 Washable Colored Bubble product; (ii) the Class Member attests that the stain resulted from the 2011 Washable Colored Bubble product; and (iii) the Class Member provides a receipt or other reliable documentation showing out-of-pocket cost for the cleaning supplies or services.
The only way to obtain benefits from the Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles class action settlement is to call Crayola at 1-866-436-6933 through December 31, 2012 to request the settlement benefits.
More information on your rights and benefits from the 2011 Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.crayola.com/2011bubblessettlement.
Purchased or Leased From: Any date, as long as the product has the SKU listed above
Benefits must be requested by: 12/31/12
Settlement Administrator(s): N/A
LEGAL INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
This site provides information about the law and class action lawsuit settlements designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. Legal information is NOT the same as legal advice - the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. You should consider all postings or writings at TopClassActions.com by staff or others as personal opinion only and NOT the advice of a lawyer. Top Class Actions Legal Statement
©2008 - 2012 Top Class Actions® LLC
Various Trademarks held by their respective owners.
Last Updated on Monday, 07 January 2013 18:03